Last Updated: February 09, 2023
If you are a California resident, please see the “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” section.
If you are a data subject in the United Kingdom or any part of the European Economic Area, please see the “Additional Disclosures for People in Europe” section.
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect and use the following Personal Data when providing certain functionality of our Site. Such information may be provided to us by you voluntarily, collected by us automatically, or provided to us from third parties.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide To Us
When you engage with us through our Site or Services, including by directly contacting us or otherwise signing up to newsletters or otherwise to be kept up to date about upcoming events, we will collect certain information about you that you voluntarily provide to us. This information may include the following:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, and country.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
- Employer/Company Information, including company name and job title.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, and in such situations, we have no control over what categories of personal information such disclosure may include. Any additional information provided by you to us is provided at your own risk.
- Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you interact with the Site and Services, we may collect certain information about your use and device automatically, as well as use various tracking technologies that automatically collect information about how you access and use the Site and Services, which may include the following categories of information:
- Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails you view, products and services you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad-ID.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data).
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. For more information about the cookies we use, please see the Section entitled “Cookies” below.
For further information on how we use technologies for analytics and advertising, and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the “Advertising/Behavioral Targeting” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections below.
- Information We Receive From Third Parties
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we may collect information from:
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources, including data in the public domain.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Site and Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Site and Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Site and Services and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Site and Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Sharing of Personal and Non-Personal Data
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf: In order to make various features, services and materials available to you through the Site, perform analytics, host the Site, and respond to your requests and inquiries, we may share your Personal Data with third parties that perform functions on our behalf.
- Social Networks and Other Online Services. Our Site allows you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking services, such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- Affiliates: We share collected information with our related entities including parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, product development, and technical operations.
- Business Transfers: We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition, business combination of all or any portion of our business or assets, change of control, or a transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to another third party (including in the case of any bankruptcy proceeding).
- Facilitating Requests: We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Site.
- Consent: We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share non-personal data, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and anonymized usage information with third parties without your consent.
We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. To help us understand how you use our Site and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Site, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, people you follow, your comments, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits. As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Site (including our website and emails). Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services, for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on the types of technologies we use with the Site for these purposes and your rights and choices regarding analytics and Interest-based Advertising, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections.
A. Types of Cookies
We and our third-party partners use the following types of Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are essential to enable you to use the Site, for example moving around our websites and using their features (e.g., cookies that enable you to visit the Site).
- Performance Cookies: These are cookies which collect information about how and when you and other visitors interact with our Site (e.g., pages viewed most often) and the information collected by these cookies is used to improve how our Site works.
- Functionality Cookies: These are cookies that allow our Site to remember choices you have made and provide you with content and features which are customized to you. For example, providing you with relevant content by using a cookie to remember which region you are in.
- Advertising Cookies: These are cookies which are used to deliver advertisements so you which are more relevant to you and your interests. We may also share this type of information with third parties for these purposes.
The types of cookies described above may be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are only stored on your device whilst you are using the Site and are deleted when you log off from the Site or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for a period of time after you log off from the Site or close your browser.
B. Third-Party Cookies
Some cookies may be placed by third parties when you use the Site as some third-party service providers that we engage) may place their own cookies on your hard drive or device. These cookies may provide information to those third parties about your browsing habits or may be used for security. Some also help to serve you with advertisements which are more relevant to you. Similarly, if you visit or use third-party websites or services linked from our Site, those third parties may place cookies or similar technologies on your device.
For more information about what cookies or similar technologies those third parties use, please review the third-party services’ cookie policies.
Your Rights and Choices
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the removal instructions in the specific communication that you receive or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or Brandtech’s ongoing business relations. Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
B. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
The companies we work with to provide you with targeted ads are required by us to give you the choice to opt out of receiving targeted ads. Most of these companies are participants of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the targeted ads provided by these companies, and how to opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from them, please visit: (i) for website-targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/choices; (ii) for app-targeted ads from DAA participants, https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices; and (iii) for targeted ads from NAI participants, https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., in connection with the participants’ other customers or from other technology services).
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings.
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt-out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entity’s statements regarding their opt-out options or programs.
C. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. However, if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the Site.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site operators should do regarding these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Site may not function correctly.
Brandtech uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you, collected from you, or submitted by you. We will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of information that you provide or that we collect through the Site that is stored by us or our service providers, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse.
Our Site is not directed towards, nor was it designed to attract the attention of any children, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen.
Additional Disclosure for Nevada Residents
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Disclosure for California Residents
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
- Notice of Collection.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number, company or account name, IP address.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Service.
- Geolocation data, including location-enabled services such as Wi-Fi and GPS.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the section entitled “The Information We Collect About You” above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the section entitled “How We Use Information We Collect About You” above, including to provide and manage our Site.
- Right to Know and Delete.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
- Right to Opt Out
To the extent Brandtech sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time by submitting a request to opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
- Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
Additional Disclosure for Data Subjects in Europe
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”).
Brandtech acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites, emails, and advertisements.
- Lawful Basis for Processing
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where:
- you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers, partners, or customers;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; and
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
- Controller Is Located In The United States of America
Brandtech and some of its affiliates are located in the United States and our Site can be accessed from the U.S. and internationally. If you choose to use the Site from the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and providing the Site.
- Data Transfer
If your data is collected in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area and transferred outside such respective country or region to the United States or any other country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission on the basis of Article 45 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we will transfer your personal data subject to appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses under applicable law.
- Your Data Subject Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different from that for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
You may exercise your rights by submitting a written request to us at the address set out in the “Contact Us” section above. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
Please note that we retain information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If your personal data has been processed by us on behalf of a customer and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal data, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our customer on whose behalf we processed your personal data. We will refer your request to that customer and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
If you have a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach a data protection regulator, and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us. Please contact us at email@example.com.